Sunday, February 20, 2011

Excerpts and previews…?

A writer doesn’t become published by being a private person. (Unless you’re Emily Dickenson, but seeing as I am definitely NOT a Dickenson, and much more of a shameless self-promoter we’ll exclude her from our thoughts.) Obviously, as an artist I need an audience of some sort. I don’t crave a stadium full of screaming fans (mostly because I’m not a rock star), but I do crave feedback of all kind. My problem comes with the fact that I am extremely private in most things.

That is why I have decided I would like to share bits and excerpts from my fiction on this blog.

But before I do this I need to know that people will read or even just visit my blog. I don’t want to be posting for no one as that tends to make me feel like an idiot.

This blog has so far been a home for my (polished) poetry, artwork and (crude) comics. But my real love is fiction and I would like to show it here if people are willing.

So, I ask a favor of you. Let me know that you are here, looking at BriarProse, and I will give you samples/excerpts from my work. Like any writer, I cannot guarantee you will always adore what I write, but I will toot my own horn and promise I am never boring. Trust me there.

So, what is it? Are you there? Are you reading? Let me know.  Click a response, leave a comment, send me a death threat. Whatever tickles your fancy.

Gifts; without reception

(Gifts without reception…)

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to read some fiction on your blog! I do like poetry, but it's not so much my 'thing', so to speak. I have always been partial to fiction, it's easier for me. So you have at least one person who will read and respond!

    Also I'd really love to base a painting on the drawing you posted :B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, may I suggest a font change? I don't know if it's my laptop or what but I find it a bit hard on the eyes. It's not so bad for titles and things, but it gets hard to read in the size you post your work in.

    ReplyDelete