Wednesday, August 31, 2011

poem: I Am a Coward

I am a coward

I am a coward
I do not love myself enough to love another
My blood is bled only fr dramatic purposes
All my defenses only exist to win
at petty games that I play because I like pain.
My company is by law
and never by the choice that cannot live in a void.
I am a coward.

I am a coward.
The kind of coward that disturbs a peaceful night's flow
by crying through the muzzle only there for his own good.
You know I am no person.
A person would be grateful for the leash 
that keeps him sheltered and positioned
before his creator
where his little plays, plots and ways
can be monitored.
I am a coward.

I am no person
so beware and keep and eye on me in water.
I may begin to fight and gasp for air
and betray you
instead of sinking as I'm meant to do.
Derelict that I am,
I may act as if I don't owe you life itself sometimes
and I may even forget that I'm a ragdoll
for I am a coward.
Derelict, coward, ungrateful, traitor.
I am no person, no.
But if I were I would fall down on both knees
to beg your pardon for
everything ever and plead
yet since I am not thus armed with the power of love
my moral compass is void
and I push when I'm shoved.
If I were a person then I would take the brunt
sadly I am too weak.
I'm a sniveling cunt.
My name is Coward.

I am a coward. Oh
If I were brave 
I wouldn't know any discomfort
If I were loving I would eat your bullshit, pinky-up!
I'm sorry I'm not strong enough. 
I've no choice.
If I were human I would know the way to rescue.
But being cold and so unreachable
why should I be dependable?
I would never tell you
"Just pull the trigger."

I am, I am...yes
I am quite 
the little
confused
coward.
(Emphasis on little.)

(c) Luz Briar 2010-2011.








No comments:

Post a Comment